It’s our third #MeatlessMonday meal of Earth Month and I’m SO excited to share this plant primarily based magic with you.
I dreamt up these beautiful curry chickpea salad wraps a few months again after I was craving recent flavors and many crunchy veggies. These simple, vegan collard wraps have been simply the factor! I mixed protein packed chickpeas with a rainbow of veggies, tossed them with my well-known curry tahini dressing and wrapped all of it collectively in a large collard inexperienced leaf.
Double the veggies, double the enjoyable!
Prep these lovely wraps for a easy weekday lunch paired together with your fav sides! Might I recommend these paleo crackers? YUM.
What you’ll have to make these chickpea salad wraps
These vegan curry chickpea salad wraps use tons of recent flavors and components for a straightforward lunch or dinner you may be ok with. Right here’s every little thing you’ll have to make them:
- For the chickpea salad: you’ll want a can of chickpeas, celery, shredded carrots, dried tart cherries, cilantro and a few purple onion.
- For the dressing: this tahini curry dressing is EVERYTHING. To make it you’ll want tahini, lemon juice, maple syrup, curry powder, recent ginger, turmeric, garlic powder, cayenne pepper (for those who like spice) and slightly salt & pepper.
- For the wraps: you’re going to make use of 4 massive collard inexperienced leaves, shredded purple cabbage, some extra cilantro and roasted cashews.
Customise your collard wraps
As a result of these chickpea collard wraps are principally stuffed with colourful veggies, they’re additionally tremendous simple to customise! Listed below are some solutions:
- Select your protein: these collard wraps would even be scrumptious with cooked, cubed tofu and even grilled hen (for those who’re not vegan).
- Change up your veggies: these wraps would even be scrumptious with bell pepper or very finely chopped brussels sprouts or broccoli.
- Use your fav dried fruit: I like dried cherries on this recipe, however dried cranberries, golden raisins or Medjool dates would all be scrumptious.
- Swap your dressing. In the event you’re not an enormous fan of curry taste, this peanut dressing would even be scrumptious.
- Add some warmth: I like including slightly spice to those chickpea salad wraps. Be happy so as to add some cayenne pepper to the dressing and even sliced jalapeño on to the wraps!
Chickpea salad wraps in 5 simple steps
These vegan chickpea salad wraps couldn’t be simpler to make. Right here’s the right way to do it:
- Combine the salad. Begin by mashing your chickpeas and mixing them along with the remainder of these recent salad components.
- Make the dressing. Fire up that creamy tahini curry dressing till it’s good and easy.
- Mix, style & modify. Pour the dressing everywhere in the chickpea salad and blend it properly. Style and add extra salt & pepper for those who’d like.
- Wrap your collard leaves. Prep your collard leaves, prime every leaf with 1/4th of the chickpea salad and wrap them up. See precisely how to do that beneath and within the video!
- Slice & take pleasure in. Slice every collard wrap in half and luxuriate in!
Gown it and dip it
Okay, this curry tahini dressing is SO flavorful and addicting, so why not double it? Be happy to make a second batch of the dressing on the aspect for dipping! GENIUS.
Wrapping collard greens 101
Rolling up that big collard inexperienced leaf could sound (and look) intimidating, however I’m right here to stroll you thru it step-by-step:
Step 1: lower & shave down the stem
You’ll begin by slicing the stem off of the collard inexperienced leaf after which fastidiously utilizing your knife to shave it down in order that it’s flat. It will assist forestall the collard leaf from breaking on the finish and make it simpler to roll up.
Step 2: add your chickpea salad
Subsequent, add 1/4th of the chickpea salad and the remainder of the toppings to the middle-bottom of the collard wrap.
Step 3: roll that child up
You’ll then fastidiously roll the collard wrap up identical to you’ll with a burrito. Fold within the ends of the wrap as you go in order that every little thing stays inside good and comfortable.
Step 4: slice and eat
Whenever you’re able to take pleasure in it, slice your chickpea collard wrap in half and eat it up!
Retailer any leftover chickpea salad or chickpea salad wraps in an airtight container within the fridge for as much as 4-5 days. These collard wraps are excellent for meal prep!
Extra vegan lunches you’ll love
Get all of our wonderful vegan recipes here!
I hope you’re keen on these scrumptious curry chickpea salad wraps! In the event you make them be sure you depart a remark & a ranking so I understand how you appreciated them. Get pleasure from, xo!
Vegan Curry Chickpea Salad Collard Wraps
Stunning vegan curry chickpea salad wraps loaded with rainbow veggies, protein-packed chickpeas, and a flavorful tahini curry dressing all wrapped in a recent collard wrap. These recent chickpea collard wraps make the right no cook dinner, plant primarily based lunch for busy weeks!
- For the wraps:
- 1 can chickpeas, rinsed and drained
- 1 stalk celery, diced
- half of cup shredded carrot (from 1 medium carrot)
- 1/3 cup tart cherries (or sub chopped Medjool dates or dried cranberries)
- 1/4 cup cilantro
- 2 tablespoons finely diced purple onion
- For the tahini curry dressing:
- 3 tablespoons tahini (I like Soom Meals)
- half of lemon, juiced
- 1 teaspoon pure maple syrup
- 3/4 teaspoon curry powder
- 1 teaspoon recent grated ginger
- 1/4 teaspoon turmeric
- ¼ teaspoon garlic powder
- non-obligatory: 1/Four teaspoon cayenne for spicy curry taste!
- half of teaspoon salt, plus extra to style
- Plenty of freshly floor black pepper
- 1-3 tablespoons water to skinny
- For the wraps:
- 4 massive collard greens (get as massive as you may!)
- ½ cup shredded purple cabbage
- ¼ cup cilantro
- 1/4 cup roasted and salted cashews, roughly chopped
Add rinsed and drained chickpeas to a big bowl and use a masher or fork to mash many of the chickpeas. Add in diced celery, shredded carrot, tart cherries, cilantro and diced purple onion.
In a separate bowl, make the dressing: add tahini, lemon juice, pure maple syrup, curry powder, grated ginger, turmeric, garlic powder, cayenne pepper (if utilizing), salt and pepper. Add 1-Three tablespoons of water to skinny till a pleasant creamy consistency. Combine to mix till a creamy dressing kinds. Add extra water if vital. I discovered that someplace between 2-Three tablespoons is ideal.
Add dressing to the chickpea salad. Stir to mix and coat all of the components with dressing. Style and modify as vital. You might wish to add extra salt and/or pepper.
Place your collard inexperienced to a slicing board and lower off the massive stems on the backside. After that you simply’ll use a knife to thinly shave the remaining stem down so it’s skinny and you may simply bend and roll the collard inexperienced.
Place a collard leaf on a plate and prime with 1/4th of the chickpea salad. Prime every with shredded purple cabbage, 1 tablespoon of roasted cashews, and additional cilantro. Wrap up like a burrito, folding ends in as you go, then lower the wrap in half if desired and luxuriate in!
To retailer: retailer any leftover curry chickpea salad or full collard wraps within the fridge for as much as 4-5 days.
Servings: Four servings
Serving measurement: 1 collard wrap
Saturated fats: 1.7g
Recipe by: Monique Volz // Bold Kitchen | Images by: Eat Love Eats