I’m simply sitting right here ready for child 2 to reach and dreaming about banana bread all the things and something. I can’t describe my candy tooth over these previous few weeks, but it surely’s been ravenous. Fairly humorous as a result of I really feel like I haven’t had one all being pregnant till now.
Feed me all of the vegan banana bread please! I like toasting a slice, then slathering it with peanut butter and a drizzle of honey + after all, a beneficiant sprinkle of sea salt. There’s nothing I like extra for my 3pm HANGRY mama snack.
Anyway, this vegan banana bread actually is the very best. It’s easy to make, customizable, straightforward and DAMN GOOD. Let me understand how you prefer it by score the recipe & leaving a remark. xo!
The BEST vegan banana bread
Oh sure, sure it does exist! I spent weeks perfecting this vegan banana bread recipe in order that it had the correct quantity of sweetness, moisture and fluff issue. It’s protected to say you’re going to fall in love with this attractive loaf. So, what makes this vegan banana bread particular?
- It doesn’t use different eggs. As an alternative of creating this banana bread vegan through the use of flax eggs or chia eggs, I simplified it even additional in order that there aren’t any particular components mandatory. The bananas truly act as an egg different on this recipe, just like my vegan banana bread cinnamon rolls!
- It may be made gluten free. I knew I’d get questions on making this vegan banana bread gluten free as properly, so I offered some choices for you within the notes part.
- You possibly can simply jazz it up. I like including walnuts and chocolate chips to this vegan banana bread, however the choices are limitless. It’s scrumptious as-is with none mix-ins, too!
Let’s discuss components
As I discussed, this vegan banana bread recipe makes use of pantry staples to make it straightforward and accessible. You’ll make this one many times! Right here’s all the things that you must make it:
- Bananas: you’ll want three RIPE bananas to sweeten this vegan banana bread. I like when my bananas have numerous brown spots. In the event you use frozen bananas, you’ll must thaw them out utterly then drain all the liquid.
- Coconut oil: just a little melted coconut oil provides the bread the right quantity of moisture. After all, you’re welcome to make use of vegan butter, olive oil, walnut oil, hazlenut oil, and so forth. Nonetheless, I LOVE the flavour virgin coconut oil provides the bread.
- Brown sugar: I like to make use of common brown sugar on this recipe for that scrumptious trace of molasses taste, however you’re welcome to make use of coconut sugar as properly.
- Dairy free milk: you’ll additionally want only a couple tablespoons of your fav dairy free milk for added moisture.
- Flour: we’re utilizing good outdated all purpose flour on this vegan banana bread to present it the right texture. Complete wheat pastry flour or white entire wheat flour may even work properly, however please see the be aware part of the recipe. Additionally, see beneath for my really useful gluten free substitutions!
- Baking staples: all good banana breads have vanilla extract, baking soda, a pinch of cinnamon and salt.
- Elective add-ins: this vegan banana bread is superb with chocolate chips (be certain that they’re dairy free/vegan to maintain the bread vegan) and chopped walnuts or pecans, however you do you!
AK accepted substitutions
I all the time suggest following the recipe as-is for the very best outcomes, however when you’re out of any components listed here are some straightforward swaps that ought to work properly on this vegan banana bread:
- Swap the oil. In the event you don’t have any coconut oil or must maintain the bread nut free, be at liberty to make use of melted vegan butter (and omit the nuts). Different oils that work properly embody olive oil, hazelnut oil or walnut oil.
- Go refined sugar free. Coconut sugar will work properly instead of the brown sugar on this recipe.
- Use entire grains. In the event you’d like, you should utilize whole wheat pastry flour or white entire wheat flour. Please be aware that when you use common entire wheat flour you could want so as to add a pair extra tablespoons of milk to supply just a little additional moisture.
- Gluten free choices. I feel chickpea flour or a gluten free all purpose flour will work properly on this vegan banana bread recipe. I don’t suggest utilizing almond flour or coconut flour on this recipe, as an alternative be at liberty to attempt my vegan paleo banana muffins.
Observe these tricks to make the very best vegan banana bread
With a number of suggestions & tips you’ll make unbelievable vegan banana bread each time:
- Additional ripe bananas are greatest. The key to scrumptious banana bread taste is to make use of bananas with numerous brown spots. They’re sweeter and provides the bread the right taste!
- Use room temp components. Make sure you cool your coconut oil after melting it in order that it doesn’t seize up when combined with any of the opposite components.
- Don’t overmix. Overmixed batter ends in a dense, gummy bread. Combine the vegan banana bread batter till simply mixed. It’s okay if there are nonetheless lumps of banana!
- Use recent baking soda. The greatest method to make sure that your bread rises correctly is to make use of recent baking soda. If it’s older than Three months you may need to seize a brand new one.
- Prep your pan correctly (and use the right dimension). Line your 8×4 inch loaf pan with parchment paper and spray it with nonstick cooking spray in order that the banana bread comes out simply and doesn’t stick. Altering the dimensions of the pan will alter the baking time, so be sure you watch your bread when you use an even bigger pan!
Utilizing frozen bananas? Don’t overlook this tip
Sure, you should utilize frozen bananas to make this vegan banana bread! If you wish to use frozen bananas, comply with these steps:
- Step 1: thaw frozen bananas at room temperature in a big bowl or on a deep plate till they’re utterly defrosted.
- Step 2: after the bananas are at room temp and now not frozen, drain the surplus liquid that’s produced from thawing them. In the event you don’t do that, the bread will find yourself with an excessive amount of moisture.
- Step 3: use within the recipe as directed.
The right way to retailer vegan banana bread
- At room temp: this vegan banana bread could be left wrapped at room temp for a day, and you’ll completely make it a day or two forward of time. It’s much more scrumptious the following day.
- Within the fridge: after a day at room temp I’d suggest storing the bread sealed within the fridge for as much as 5 days.
Freezing & thawing suggestions
Sure, you possibly can simply freeze this vegan banana bread! Right here’s one of the simplest ways to freeze & thaw it:
- To freeze: let the bread cool utterly and both lower it into slices earlier than putting it in an hermetic container or freezer-friendly bag within the fridge, or freeze the entire thing for as much as Three months.
- To thaw: you possibly can thaw the entire loaf by merely letting it sit at room temp for a number of hours. You are able to do the identical with the person slices, or you possibly can reheat them within the microwave for about 30 seconds.
Get all of our go-to kitchen essentials here.
Extra methods to make use of ripe bananas
I hope you’re keen on this superb vegan banana bread recipe! In the event you make it be sure you go away a remark & a score so I understand how you favored it. Take pleasure in, xo!
The Best Vegan Banana Bread You’ll Ever Eat
The greatest vegan banana bread you may ever eat is moist, flavorful and tastes just like the nostalgic, conventional banana bread you understand and love. This straightforward vegan banana bread recipe makes use of easy components and makes an unbelievable brunch deal with or snack. Choices so as to add chocolate chips and nuts to make it additional particular!
- For the moist components:
- 3 medium to massive additional ripe bananas, mashed (about 1 ⅓ cup mashed banana)
- ⅓ cup melted and cooled coconut oil
- ½ cup packed brown sugar (or coconut sugar)
- ½ tablespoon vanilla extract
- 2 tablespoons dairy free milk of selection
- For the dry components:
- 1 ¾ cup all goal flour (or sub entire wheat pastry flour, white entire wheat flour or chickpea flour for a GF possibility)
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon floor cinnamon
- ½ teaspoon salt
- Elective add-ins:
- ½ cup chocolate chips
- ½ cup chopped walnuts (or pecans)
Preheat your oven to 350 levels F. Line a eight half x four half inch pan with parchment paper and grease the within of the pan to forestall sticking. In the event you use a bigger loaf pan, akin to a 9×5, please know your bread can be a lot thinner and can take much less time to prepare dinner.
In a big bowl combine collectively the mashed banana, brown sugar, coconut oil, vanilla extract and milk to a bowl till properly mixed.
In a big bowl, whisk collectively the dry components: flour, baking soda, cinnamon and salt. Add dry components to moist components and blend till simply mixed. Don’t overmix; it’s completely positive if there are some lumps of banana, and so forth. Be happy to fold in ½ cup chopped walnuts or ½ cup chocolate chips (or each!) when you’d like.
Add banana bread batter into the ready pan. Bake for 40-50 minutes or till a tester inserted into the center comes out clear or with only a few crumbs hooked up. Permit bread to chill within the pan for 5-10 minutes, then take away and switch to a wire rack to complete cooling.
As soon as bread is cool, lower into 10 slices. Serve with nut butter unfold on high for a wholesome snack or breakfast on the go.
Frozen bananas ought to be thawed first after which drained of extra liquid earlier than utilizing on this recipe.
In the event you use entire wheat flour (I like to recommend entire wheat pastry or white entire wheat flour), you’ll doubtless want so as to add two extra tablespoons of milk to the recipe.
To make gluten free: I recommend utilizing chickpea flour or an all goal gluten free flour. I don’t suggest utilizing almond flour or coconut flour on this recipe.
Servings: 10 slices
Serving dimension: 1 slice (with chocolate chips & walnuts)
Saturated fats: 6.3g
Recipe by: Monique Volz // Bold Kitchen | Pictures by: Eat Love Eats