OH MY GOODNESS. You haven’t met real love in an oatmeal bake till you’ve skilled the flavors of a lemon poppyseed muffin in baked oatmeal.
Pay attention, I’m not even somebody who’s that obsessive about lemon-flavored issues, however I might NOT get sufficient of this lemon blueberry oatmeal bake. Particularly the unimaginable lemon yogurt drizzle on prime. It’s like having cake for breakfast! Even my toddler Sidney beloved it, and my husband Tony, who claims to despise oatmeal, devoured it. That’s when you understand it’s successful!
Bake this lovely spring-inspired oatmeal bake ASAP, then drop a remark, charge the recipe beneath and let me know the way you favored it. Can’t wait to listen to what you suppose!
Substances you’ll want for this lemon blueberry baked oatmeal
Transfer over Winter, we’ve received a brand new baked oatmeal recipe that’s bursting with contemporary Spring flavors. This wholesome lemon blueberry baked oatmeal is gluten free, naturally sweetened and makes use of the true deal lemon juice & zest. Right here’s every little thing you’ll have to make it:
- Eggs: you’ll simply want two eggs on this baked oatmeal recipe to carry all of it collectively. I haven’t examined it with flax eggs, however let me know for those who do.
- Sweetener: we’re utilizing some pure maple syrup on this recipe to naturally sweeten it. You’ll additionally want vanilla and almond extracts for that yummy lemon poppy seed taste.
- Lemon taste: you’ll want each contemporary lemon juice and lemon zest (from 1 lemon) to offer the baked oatmeal that true tart lemon zing.
- Moisture: nobody likes a dry oatmeal bake! You’ll add a bit of little bit of butter (or coconut oil) and milk, dairy free if desired, to offer the lemon baked oatmeal moisture.
- Rolled oats: the bottom of this baked oatmeal is made with old fashioned rolled oats. Don’t use metal minimize oats.
- Baking staples: you’ll want baking powder and a bit of salt to assist it bake up correctly.
- Combine-ins: give this baked oatmeal a scrumptious spring twist with contemporary blueberries and poppy seeds!
- For the glaze: the unimaginable lemon yogurt topping is made with greek yogurt, a bit of powdered sugar, and extra lemon juice & zest.
Customise this baked oatmeal
- Select your berry. For those who’re out of contemporary blueberries be at liberty to make use of frozen! I believe raspberries, blackberries, or chopped cherries would even be scrumptious on this recipe.
- Swap your sweetener. This baked oatmeal can be scrumptious with honey as a substitute of maple syrup, too, nonetheless I do suggest utilizing a bit much less honey (perhaps 1/Four cup) for those who go for that choice.
- Swap the seeds. Out of poppy seeds? Be happy to sub 1 tablespoon of chia seeds, or skip the seeds all collectively.
The best way to make this recipe dairy & gluten free
- To make it dairy free: hold this lemon blueberry baked oatmeal dairy free by utilizing vegan butter or coconut oil throughout the oatmeal bake. You possibly can then use your favourite dairy free yogurt within the glaze, or skip the glaze — it should nonetheless be fabulous.
- To make it gluten free: merely use gluten free rolled oats.
Can I take advantage of metal minimize or fast oats?
I’d not suggest utilizing metal minimize on this lemon blueberry baked oatmeal as a result of it should change the feel. Fast oats may fit out okay however you may want to make use of a bit extra.
Can I make it vegan?
I believe a flax egg or a chia egg will work effectively on this recipe however haven’t examined it to make sure. Let me know within the feedback for those who give it a strive.
The best way to make lemon blueberry baked oatmeal
- Prep your pan. Preheat your oven to 350 levels F and spray a 9×9 inch pan with nonstick cooking spray.
- Combine the moist. In a big bowl combine collectively the entire moist substances till good and clean.
- Add the dry. Stir within the dry substances and fold within the blueberries.
- Bake & cool. Bake your lemon blueberry baked oatmeal till the perimeters are barely golden brown and the middle is about. Let it cool for a bit when you make the topping.
- Glaze social gathering. Combine collectively the entire substances for the lemon yogurt topping and drizzle it in your cooled oatmeal bake. Reduce into 6 slices and revel in!
Do you eat baked oatmeal sizzling or chilly?
This lemon blueberry baked oatmeal is definitely scrumptious each cold and warm! Get pleasure from it heat the day you bake it, or warmth up slices later within the week. Crunched for time? Eat it straight from the fridge like in a single day oats. It’s so good, it should style similar to your favourite lemon poppyseed muffin.
Make lemon blueberry oatmeal muffin cups
For moveable lemon blueberry baked oatmeal cups: merely divide the combination evenly right into a ready muffin liners in a muffin tin (I like to recommend utilizing liners AND spraying with cooking spray) and bake for 20-25 minutes till the oatmeal cups are set and barely golden brown. You’ll possible solely get round 10-12 baked oatmeal cups, relying on how excessive you fill them.
Storing & reheating suggestions
Within the fridge
- To retailer: ensure the lemon blueberry baked oatmeal has fully cooled, after which cowl the pan with tinfoil earlier than transferring it to the fridge. It’s going to keep good lined within the fridge for 4-5 days.
- To reheat: you may reheat particular person slices within the microwave for 30-60 seconds.
Within the freezer
- To retailer: as soon as the oatmeal bake has fully cooled, minimize it into 6 squares/slices and wrap every sq. in plastic wrap and tinfoil. You may also freeze the complete blueberry baked oatmeal for later by wrapping it effectively and inserting it within the freezer.
- To reheat: whenever you’re able to eat it, place the unwrapped frozen sq. of baked oatmeal on a microwave protected dish and microwave it at 30 second intervals for 1-2 minutes. To reheat the complete baked oatmeal, merely reheat it within the oven for 20-25 minutes at 350 levels F whereas it’s lined with tinfoil.
Extra baked oatmeal recipes
Get all of our scrumptious oatmeal recipes here!
I hope you’re keen on this glorious lemon blueberry baked oatmeal recipe! For those who make it remember to go away a remark and a score so I understand how you favored it. Get pleasure from, xo!
Lemon Poppy Seed Blueberry Baked Oatmeal
Stunning lemon blueberry baked oatmeal made with contemporary lemon juice & zest and naturally sweetened with pure maple syrup. This lemon baked oatmeal is gluten free & dairy free with bursts of contemporary blueberries and poppy seeds in each chunk. Drizzle with a selfmade lemon yogurt topping for the proper breakfast deal with!
- Moist substances:
- 2 eggs
- ⅓ cup pure maple syrup (or sub honey)
- Zest from 1 lemon
- ¼ cup contemporary lemon juice (from 1 giant lemon)
- 2 tablespoons melted butter, vegan butter or melted and cooled coconut oil
- 1 1/2 cups unsweetened almond milk (or dairy free milk of selection)
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- ¼ teaspoon almond extract
- Dry substances:
- 2 cups quaint rolled oats
- 1 tablespoon poppyseeds
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- 1 cup blueberries
- Lemon yogurt topping:
- 2 tablespoons plain greek yogurt (or vanilla)
- 1 tablespoon powdered sugar (or you may sub maple syrup or honey)
- 1-2 teaspoons contemporary lemon juice, to skinny
- ½ teaspoon lemon zest
Preheat the oven to 350 levels F. Grease a 9×9 inch pan with oil or nonstick cooking spray and put aside.
In a big bowl, whisk collectively the eggs, pure maple syrup, lemon zest, lemon juice, melted butter, almond milk and each vanilla and almond extracts till effectively mixed.
Add the dry substances to the bowl with the moist substances: oats, poppyseeds, baking powder and salt. Combine till mixed, then fold within the blueberries.
Pour combination into ready pan and clean prime. Bake for 35-45 minutes or till the perimeters are barely golden brown and middle is about. Take away from the oven, permit to chill for 10 minutes, when you make the lemon yogurt topping.
To make the lemon yogurt drizzle: in a small bowl, combine collectively the greek yogurt, powdered sugar, lemon juice and zest; combine to mix. Add extra lemon juice if essential to skinny it out so you may drizzle it excessive of the oatmeal. Drizzle excessive of the oatmeal, minimize into 6 slices and serve!
Servings: 6 servings
Serving dimension: 1 slice
Saturated fats: 2.8g
Recipe by: Monique Volz // Ambitious Kitchen | Pictures by: Eat Love Eats