Are you prepared for the BEST wholesome oatmeal chocolate chip cookies EVER?! They’re chewy, vegan, gluten free and SO GOOD that they’ve formally turn out to be one in all my favourite cookies to make once I’m searching for a wholesome and nourishing, however nonetheless satisfying deal with.
And guys, what’s life with out a little chocolate? Frankly, I’m undecided.
I first got here up with this vegan chocolate chip oatmeal cookie recipe once I was messing round within the kitchen late at night time. We often eat dinner at 7pm and by so by 9pm, I’m prepared for just a little one thing candy to finish the night time. I’ve a go-to oatmeal cookie that I’ll all the time make, however this time needed it to be dairy free, vegan and gluten free as a result of frankly, if I provide you with a recipe for one model, you’ll ask for the opposite. LOLZ.
So, inform me, what’s higher than a cookie for almost everybody? Enter these RIDICULOUSLY GOOD HEALTHY OATMEAL CHOCOLATE CHIP COOKIES. Yummmmmmm.
Components in wholesome oatmeal chocolate chip cookies
One of the best half about this wholesome oatmeal chocolate chip cookie recipe? They’re simple to make, take solely 20 minutes, are made in a single bowl and also you most likely have already got all the substances for them in your pantry! You’ll want:
- Gluten free oat flour: this flour is one in all my favorites to bake with and you’ll simply make it your self! I’ve included directions on how to take action beneath.
- Gluten free oats: I like to recommend utilizing gluten free rolled oats on this recipe to make sure that the cookies bake up correctly and have that scrumptious chew to them.
- Flaxseed meal: baking with flaxseed meal is an effective way to substitute a flax egg for normal eggs to maintain them vegan.
- Coconut oil: only a little bit of coconut oil give these wholesome oatmeal chocolate chip cookies the correct quantity of moisture with out having to make use of butter.
- Coconut sugar: we’re sweetening these cookies with all pure coconut sugar as an alternative of a daily, refined sugar.
- Shredded unsweetened coconut: the coconut provides these wholesome oatmeal cookies an additional scrumptious chew to them plus just a little pure sweetness.
- Vanilla: a necessary for yummy baked items.
- Baking soda & salt: to make sure these bake up correctly.
- Chocolate chips: be happy to make use of your favourite model or preserve these oatmeal cookies vegan by utilizing dairy free chocolate chips!
What makes these oatmeal cookies wholesome?
Conventional oatmeal cookies are made with refined sugar, refined flour and loads of butter, however these wholesome oatmeal chocolate chip cookies don’t have any butter and are sweetened with only a little bit of coconut sugar.
They arrive out with crispy edges, a chewy center and are so completely scrumptious that nobody will be capable to inform that they’re vegan or gluten free! Don’t neglect to prime them with just a little flaky sea salt for a enjoyable candy and salty twist.
Find out how to make a flax egg
This recipe requires a flax egg to maintain these oatmeal cookies vegan. In case you’ve by no means made a ‘flaxegg’ earlier than, it’s very simple and replaces conventional eggs in recipes. Simply add flaxseed meal and water to a bowl, enable it to sit down for a couple of minutes, then use it within the recipe as directed. I even have a information for the best way to make vegan egg substitutes here.
Find out how to make gluten free oat flour
You may simply make your individual gluten free oat flour by merely inserting oats right into a blender and mixing or pulsing till they’re clean and resemble flour. It is a tremendous simple & inexpensive choice. Be sure you measure out 3/Four cup of your oat flour after making it!
The suitable kind of oats to make use of
These wholesome oatmeal cookies use gluten free rolled oats, if you’re making them for somebody who’s gluten free, it’s essential to ensure the oats are gluten free licensed. In case you aren’t gluten free, you need to use old style rolled oats. Please don’t use fast oats or metal reduce oats on this recipe, it is not going to work out the identical.
Make these wholesome oatmeal cookies your individual
- Don’t skip the coconut! The shredded coconut helps to bind these cookies collectively and provides them further taste so I might not recommend leaving it out. If you wish to depart it out although, merely add in 1/Four cup extra oat flour as an alternative.
- Swap out the flax egg: if you wish to use a daily egg, you possibly can, you simply might have so as to add in some further oat flour. I might guess about 2-Three tablespoons of additional oat flour would do the trick.
- Swap the coconut oil for butter: be happy to make use of common melted butter as an alternative of coconut oil if you’re not vegan/dairy free.
- If you need extra wholesome fat: be happy so as to add in ¼ cup chopped walnuts or pecans.
Why these oatmeal cookies are nice for nursing mamas + youngsters
These wholesome oatmeal cookies are similar to my lactation cookie recipe and are nice for mamas who’re nursing as a result of they’re made with substances which have been identified to extend milk provide like:
- Healthy fat from coconut oil
- And flaxseed meal
Not solely are they nice for mothers, however these wholesome cookies are additionally an superior, extra healthful deal with for teenagers, too! Throw them in a lunchbox, or bake them up for an after college deal with. Maintain these cookies available, or be happy to freeze them for later.
Find out how to freeze oatmeal cookie dough for later
- Roll your cookie dough into balls and place them on a cookie sheet lined with parchment paper. Chill the dough within the freezer for 30 minutes. This is called a flash freeze.
- As soon as the cookie dough balls agency up, you possibly can switch them to a reusable freezer-safe bag or container. Cookie dough will preserve nicely for as much as Three months.
- When able to bake, merely bake the wholesome oatmeal cookies as directed within the recipe. You’ll doubtless simply want so as to add a number of further minutes of baking time!
Find out how to freeze baked wholesome oatmeal cookies
If you wish to freeze the already baked wholesome oatmeal cookies for later, merely look forward to them to chill fully, then switch them to a reusable freezer-safe bag or container lined with wax or parchment paper. I like to put them in a single layer to keep away from any cookies breaking. Cookies will preserve nicely for as much as 2 months. As soon as able to eat, merely thaw out at room temperature and luxuriate in.
Extra wholesome cookie recipes you may like
See the best way to make wholesome oatmeal chocolate chip cookies
You’re going to like these wholesome oatmeal chocolate chip cookies, please let me know in case you make it by leaving a remark and ranking the recipe beneath. I’d love to listen to from you and it helps encourage others to make the recipe! Take pleasure in xo!
Healthy Oatmeal Chocolate Chip Cookies (vegan & gluten free!)
My very favourite wholesome oatmeal chocolate chip cookies that simply so occur to be vegan and gluten free. This simple, wholesome oatmeal cookie recipe is ideal for lactating mamas or youngsters because of flax, oats and loads of wholesome fat. These chewy oatmeal chocolate chip cookies are outrageously scrumptious!
room temperature water
melted and cooled coconut oil*
gluten free oat flour
gluten free rolled oats
unsweetened shredded coconut (don’t use massive coconut flakes)
chocolate chips, vegan/dairy free if desired
- Fancy sea salt, for sprinkling on prime
Preheat oven to 350 levels F. Line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
In a medium bowl, combine collectively flaxseed meal and water, let it sit for five minutes whilst you get all of your different substances prepared. After 5 minutes the ‘flaxegg’ might be prepared and you’ll add the melted and cooled coconut oil, coconut sugar and vanilla extract to the bowl; whisk collectively till clean.
Subsequent add within the oat flour, rolled oats, shredded coconut, baking soda and salt. Combine till nicely mixed. Fold in chocolate chips.
Use a medium cookie scoop and place about 1 heaping tablespoon dough on ready baking sheet, about 2 inches aside. It is best to get 10 cookies. If you need thicker cookies, depart as is. If you need barely thinner cookies, very gently push ONLY the highest of the cookie down only a very tiny bit. Don’t overdo it — these are vegan cookies and we wish them to stay collectively!
Bake cookies for 9-12 minutes till edges are simply barely golden brown. As soon as cookies come out of oven, sprinkle the tops with fancy sea salt.
Enable cookies to chill on baking sheet for 10-15 minutes earlier than eradicating and transferring to a wire rack to complete cooling. Leaving them on the baking sheet will assist them settle up and maintain collectively. Makes 10 cookies.
If you wish to use a daily egg, you possibly can, you simply might have so as to add in a tablespoon or two of additional oat flour. I have never examined these with a daily egg although so I am unable to make certain.
The shredded coconut helps to bind these cookies collectively and provides them further taste so I might not recommend leaving it out. If you wish to depart it out, merely add in 1/Four cup extra oat flour.
Be happy to make use of common melted butter as an alternative of coconut oil if you’re not vegan/dairy free.
If you need extra wholesome fat, be happy so as to add in ¼ cup chopped walnuts or pecans.
Servings: 10 cookies
Serving measurement: 1 cookie
Saturated fats: 9.6g
Recipe by: Monique Volz // Formidable Kitchen | Pictures by: Eat Love Eats