Keep in mind these flourless peanut butter oatmeal chocolate chip cookies? I first made them again in 2013 and slowly however certainly they took over Pinterest and gained your hearts. Now they’re one in all my hottest recipes OF ALL TIME.
So say hello to my ridiculously handsome, chewy, thick, fats flourless peanut butter oatmeal chocolate chip cookies. With out flour or butter!
Wait… WHAT? I swear this isn’t a joke.
First, I must confess that I LOVE LOVE LOVE peanut butter. Actually, I feel if I used to be allergic I’d most likely nonetheless eat it. I’m positively a type of individuals who feels prefer it completes me ultimately. A few of you might really feel this manner about Nutella and I completely get it; nut butters are creamy, addictive and superior unfold on absolutely anything. I normally do it animal-style aka straight out of the jar with a spoon.
Hmmmm fairly positive I’m displaying indicators of an addict. Are there any nut butter help teams on the market? Most likely not.. however these cookies? Excellent for people who find themselves explicitly in love with peanut butter.
Substances in these wholesome peanut butter oatmeal cookies
As a result of these wholesome peanut butter oatmeal cookies include no butter of flour, they’re full of true peanut butter taste. Plus they use simply 7 key components! Right here’s what you’ll must make them:
- Peanut butter: I used all natural creamy peanut butter, however chunky peanut butter may also work. In case you do occur to be allergic to peanut butter, almond butter may also work effectively. My favourite peanut butters are Smucker’s, Wild Buddies Complete Meals 365 Natural Creamy Peanut Butter.
- Brown sugar or coconut sugar: I like utilizing brown sugar on this recipe. In case you favor an unrefined sweetener then I counsel utilizing coconut sugar. I’ve additionally made these with half of cup of brown sugar as an alternative of two/Three cup they usually nonetheless got here out nice however simply style a bit extra like oatmeal like.
- Vanilla: for that cozy taste we all know and love.
- Eggs: you’ll want two eggs for these wholesome peanut butter oatmeal cookies. I haven’t examined these with flax eggs however let me know should you do!
- Oatmeal: make sure that to make use of common old fashioned rolled oats on this recipe. And bear in mind to buy licensed gluten-free oats in case you are baking for somebody who’s gluten-intolerant.
- Baking soda: to verify these peanut butter oatmeal cookies bake up thick & chewy.
- Chocolate chips: I like including chocolate chips to those cookies however they’re optionally available. Be at liberty to substitute them with different add-ins similar to: raisins, cranberries, white chocolate or butterscotch chips, or fully omit them. You may also use fewer chocolate chips should you’re making an attempt to observe your sugar consumption. I feel half of cup chocolate chips could be excellent too!
- Non-compulsory: a sprinkle of flaky sea salt for that candy & salty combo.
Methods to make flourless peanut butter oatmeal cookies
The very best half about these wholesome peanut butter oatmeal cookies is how simple they’re to make. You’ll have heat, thick & chewy cookies in beneath 20 minutes!
- Preheat your oven to 350 levels F. Line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
- In small bowl combine collectively the oats and baking soda; put aside.
- In a big bowl combine collectively peanut butter, brown sugar, eggs and vanilla till clean. Combine in dry components with a wood spoon, then gently fold in chocolate chips.
- Roll cookies into 2-inch dough balls and place 2 inches aside on the ready baking sheet. BARELY flatten the highest of the cookie together with your hand.
- Bake cookies for 9-12 minutes and take away when edges barely start to show a golden brown.
- Cool for five minutes on the cookie sheet then switch to a wire rack to chill fully. Sprinkle every cookie with flakey sea salt. Repeat with remaining cookie dough.
What makes these peanut butter oatmeal cookies wholesome?
- There’s no flour! We’re simply utilizing nutrient dense, entire grain oatmeal for the proper cookie texture. This retains the cookies gluten free (should you use gluten free oats) whereas including a lift of fiber.
- They’re dairy free as a result of there’s no butter concerned.
- There’s additionally no further oil wanted. Simply the pure oils and wholesome fat from peanut butter!
- They pack a protein punch due to peanut butter & eggs. Cookies for breakfast, anybody?
Customise your peanut butter oatmeal cookies
- Be at liberty to make use of any nut butter you’d like. Almond butter would even be scrumptious.
- Have enjoyable together with your favourite add-ins like nuts, M&M’s or perhaps a chocolate drizzle! You may also omit any chocolate to maintain them strictly peanut butter. In case you’re craving monster cookies, attempt my healthy monster cookie recipe.
- Use coconut sugar and omit the chocolate chips to make them totally refined sugar free.
- You should use much less sugar or fewer chocolate chips — I’ve tried utilizing half of cup of sugar and half of cup chocolate chips and nonetheless they turned out fairly nice.
Methods to retailer & freeze flourless peanut butter oatmeal cookies
- To retailer: be at liberty to maintain these cookies in an hermetic container at room temperature for 1-2 days, then switch to the fridge or freezer.
- To freeze: make sure that the cookies are fully cooled, after which switch them to an hermetic container lined with wax or parchment paper or freezer-safe bag earlier than storing them within the freezer for as much as 2 months. I like to position them in a single layer to keep away from any cookies breaking. As soon as able to eat, merely thaw out at room temperature and revel in!
See the best way to make the peanut butter oatmeal chocolate chip cookies:
In case you make this recipe, make sure you go away a remark under and price the recipe! You may also snap and film and put up it on Instagram utilizing the hashtag #ambitiouskitchen.
Flourless Peanut Butter Oatmeal Chocolate Chip Cookies
Thick, chewy peanut butter oatmeal chocolate chip cookies made with 7 easy components. These gluten free, flourless peanut butter oatmeal cookies are filled with that nostalgic, scrumptious peanut butter taste you realize and love. The proper deal with for kiddos and adults!
pure creamy peanut butter (simply peanuts + salt)
packed darkish brown sugar
rolled oats (gluten-free if desired)
chocolate chips, dairy free if desired
- Flakey sea salt for sprinkling on prime
Preheat oven to 350 levels F. Line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
In small bowl combine collectively the oats and baking soda; put aside.
In a big bowl combine collectively peanut butter, brown sugar, eggs and vanilla till clean. Combine in dry components with a wood spoon, then gently fold in chocolate chips.
Roll cookies into 2-inch dough balls and place 2 inches aside on the ready baking sheet. BARELY flatten the highest of the cookie together with your hand. The dough needs to be fairly sticky so should you discover this methodology annoying, merely use a cookie scoop to drop the cookie dough onto the ready baking sheet. The cookies is probably not as spherical in form and maybe a bit thicker, however that is okay, they are going to nonetheless be scrumptious!
Bake cookies for 9-12 minutes and take away when edges barely start to show a golden brown. The cookies might look a bit underdone, however they are going to proceed to cook dinner when you take away them from the oven.
Cool for five minutes on the cookie sheet then switch to a wire rack to chill fully. Sprinkle every cookie with flakey sea salt. Repeat with remaining cookie dough. Makes 16-20 cookies.
You should use much less sugar or much less chocolate chips — I’ve tried utilizing half of cup of sugar and half of cup chocolate chips they usually turned out nice.
Be at liberty to substitute almond butter or one other nut butter in substitute of peanut butter.
Servings: 18 cookies
Serving dimension: 1 cookie