You know the way you’ve an indulgent chocolate chip cookie recipe you make for events, particular events and people simply because moments?
What about these on a regular basis life moments? These instances once you need a little bit one thing candy at 3pm however don’t need to end up devouring a creme-filled donut since you’re saving that for a unique event. Or how about once you’re craving chocolate after dinner however don’t need to go all out with a triple decker chocolate cheesecake for dessert.
Most nights after dinner I discover myself in a relentless dessert dilemma aka CDD; it’s the urge to have a late evening candy deal with, but additionally the need for it to be made with elements I can be ok with consuming. Indulgences are wonderful, however more often than not, I need to put feel-good meals in my physique. That’s why I really like baking at residence–I could make meals with elements I have already got in my pantry.
Once I baked these chocolate almond butter cookies final week, I used to be astounded by how scrumptious they had been. They legit style like a fudge brownie aka rattling good and fudgy.
Substances in chocolate almond butter cookies
I name these almond butter cookies daily cookies as a result of they solely take 15 minutes to make and style like they got here straight from the bakery. They’re additionally paleo, gluten free and dairy free. And no, they don’t have a powerful almond butter style; that is particularly good for these of you who despise almond butter as a result of all you style with these cookies is wealthy chocolate fudge taste. Listed here are the elements you want:
- almond butter: I extremely suggest utilizing an almond butter that accommodates simply almonds (or almonds & salt!)
- coconut sugar: you should use both coconut sugar or brown sugar. Brown sugar will make these barely extra fudgy.
- eggs: you’ll want two eggs. I haven’t examined these with flax eggs however I believe it could work properly.
- coconut oil: only a teaspoon to assist with the fudge issue.
- vanilla: a contact of vanilla extract for taste.
- unsweetened cocoa powder: I really like to make use of unsweetened cocoa powder on this recipe.
- baking soda: only a tiny bit!
- salt: a pinch of salt for taste. In case your almond butter is salted, be happy to skip.
- chocolate chips: you should use no matter chocolate chips you’d like. I really like to make use of dark chocolate chips, however you can too use a darkish chocolate bar chopped up, and even dairy free chocolate chips.
I like to complete these cookies off with sprinkle a little bit fancy sea salt over the tops. It makes them seem like they simply got here from a bakery!
To make these almond butter cookies vegan: I haven’t tried it however you can strive subbing two flax eggs rather than the common eggs.
Make these almond butter cookies your personal
You’ll be able to simply make these almond butter cookies your personal with enjoyable add-ins! Listed here are some solutions to make use of:
- 1/Four cup chopped walnuts + 1/Three cup chopped darkish chocolate
- 1/Three cup white chocolate chips + 1/Four cup chopped macadamia nuts
- 1/Three cup butterscotch chips
- 1 teaspoon espresso powder + 1/Three cup darkish chocolate chips
- 1/Three cup dried cherries + 1/Three cup darkish chocolate chips
Find out how to retailer & freeze almond butter cookies
These chocolate almond butter cookies are the right deal with to freeze for later and luxuriate in everytime you want a snack or candy deal with.
- To retailer the almond butter cookies: be happy to maintain these cookies in an hermetic container at room temperature for as much as 5 days. They’ll get softer every day because of the almond butter.
- To freeze the cookies: be certain that the cookies are utterly cooled, after which switch them to an hermetic container lined with wax or parchment paper or freezer-safe bag earlier than storing them within the freezer for as much as 2 months. I like to put them in a single layer to keep away from any cookies breaking. As soon as able to eat, merely thaw out at room temperature and luxuriate in!
Extra wholesome cookie recipes to strive:
I do know you guys are going to LOVE these! They’re particularly good with a cup of espresso within the afternoon, or a glass of vanilla almond milk to dunk them in. Get pleasure from! xo.
Flourless Paleo Chocolate Almond Butter Cookies
Scrumptious brownie-like flourless chocolate almond butter cookies made paleo and gluten free with a handful of straightforward, wholesome elements. Are you guys prepared for the simplest and most scrumptious almond butter cookie recipe ever?! Sure that’s proper, you’ll be able to have fudge-like brownie chocolate almond butter cookies in simply 15 minutes!
creamy pure almond butter (use the runny sort with solely almonds as an ingredient)
melted coconut oil
coconut sugar (or brown sugar)
eggs, barely crushed
unsweetened cocoa powder (choose a good-quality cocoa powder)
darkish chocolate chips (dairy free or vegan, if desired)
- Maldon sea salt, for sprinkling on prime
Preheat oven to 350 levels F. Line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
In a medium bowl, mix almond butter, coconut oil, coconut sugar, vanilla and eggs till easy. Add in cocoa powder, baking soda and salt; combine till easy and properly mixed. Fold in chocolate chips.
Roll dough into massive balls (about 2 tablespoons) and place on baking sheet. Flatten every dough ball with the palm of your hand in order that they’re about 1/4th inch thick. Bake for 8-10 minutes or till edges are set. Don’t overbake or they are going to dry out.
As soon as carried out baking, take away baking sheet from oven and permit cookies to chill on the sheet for 5-10 minutes earlier than transferring to a wire rack to complete cooling. Sprinkle every cookie with a little bit sea salt. Makes 12 cookies.
If you’re allergy to almond butter, you’ll be able to sub cashew butter. I’d not suggest peanut butter.
You probably have a nut allergy, strive subbing sunflower seed butter.
To make these vegan: I believe you can strive two flax eggs and the outcomes would nonetheless be scrumptious.
Servings: 12 cookies
Serving dimension: 1 cookie
Saturated fats: 2.7g
Recipe by: Monique Volz // Bold Kitchen | Pictures by: Eat Love Eats