I’ve been going again into a few of my older recipes and making them once more, tweaking the recipe ever so barely in order that they are often much more scrumptious than earlier than. These almond flour pancakes are simply an instance of a recipe made even higher than the primary time, and now I can’t cease making them!
In truth, I really like mixing up the breakfast I give my son (who’s now a 1 12 months outdated omg!) and these almond flour pancakes match the invoice: nutritious, filling, full of protein, fiber and vitamins and stuffed with taste. What’s to not love?
What makes these almond flour pancakes wonderful
Not solely do I LOVE how straightforward and scrumptious these wholesome almond flour pancakes are, however I additionally love how a lot diet they’re packing! These pancakes are:
- Full of wholesome fat and fiber from the almond flour to maintain you full and glad.
- Almond flour can be an exquisite supply of calcium and vitamin E
- Naturally gluten free, grain free, dairy free and keto-friendly
- Low in sugar, so your blood sugar received’t spike after breakfast
Every little thing you’ll must make almond flour pancakes
This low carb almond flour pancake recipe jogs my memory of one thing I’d order to eat for brunch in LA. They use tremendous easy, minimal substances but nonetheless so rattling good. Fluffy, full of protein and fiber, and might be made in 1 bowl. Listed here are the substances you’ll want:
- High quality blanched almond flour: you’ll must ensure you use a high-quality blanched almond flour when making these pancakes in order that they work with the feel and maintain up effectively. Be sure to pack the almond flour.
- Eggs: this almond flour pancake recipe calls for 2 eggs. Sadly, I might not advocate utilizing flax eggs in these, however let me know if you happen to do give it a attempt!
- Dairy free milk*: I initially examined this recipe with gentle coconut milk from the can, however you may also be happy to make use of almond milk or any dairy free milk you’d like!
- Oil: be happy to make use of olive oil, melted coconut oil, melted butter or melted vegan butter so as to add a little bit of moisture to the batter. It actually does want it!
- Vanilla Extract: a little bit vanilla extract helps taste these a bit.
- Baking soda & salt: to assist the pancakes rise and pull the flavors collectively. You’ll solely want a tiny bit.
- Non-obligatory, however really helpful: I like to recommend including in a 1/2 tablespoon of maple syrup, honey or coconut sugar to the batter, together with almond extract and a touch of cinnamon. It actually makes the flavour pop a bit!
Non-obligatory pancake mix-ins
One other nice perk about these gluten free almond flour pancakes? They’re versatile!
Be at liberty so as to add recent or frozen blueberries, chocolate chips, a handful of pecans or walnuts, a touch or two of cinnamon or perhaps a mashed banana. I’m fairly assured that they’ll work with a wide range of add-ins so let me know what you attempt!
My favourite strategy to make them? With blueberries. Then drizzled with a giant outdated spoonful of peanut or almond butter and a little bit pure maple syrup. YUM.
Can I exploit common flour?
Sadly, no. I might not advocate utilizing common flour or some other flour moreover almond flour in these pancakes as the feel will vastly change. In case you’re searching for alternate options, attempt these:
Can I make almond flour pancakes with out eggs?
I haven’t tried making these keto almond flour pancakes with out eggs, so I can’t advocate that the feel will come out the identical. Attempt my vegan pancakes for an egg-free possibility!
Methods to make pancakes with almond flour
This straightforward almond flour pancake recipe might be made in a single bowl for a fast, scrumptious & wholesome breakfast!
- Combine the moist substances. Whisk collectively your eggs, milk, oil, maple syrup, vanilla & almond extracts.
- Add the dry. Combine within the almond flour, baking soda & salt till your batter is effectively mixed.
- Pour & flip. Upon getting your batter prepared, make the pancakes in your griddle as you usually would! Get all of my ideas & methods for flipping pancakes here.
- Make sure you pack your almond flour such as you would with brown sugar.
- In case you’re utilizing coconut milk from the can, you should definitely combine it within the can first so that you simply don’t find yourself utilizing solely the stable, high portion. I like to recommend gentle coconut milk as full fats could also be too thick.
- Ensure that your eggs are room temperature so that they don’t coagulate with the oil/melted butter.
- Cook dinner your pancakes over medium warmth in order that they cook dinner evenly. In case you flip your pancakes and they look like cooking too quick, be happy to cut back the temp to medium-low in order that they don’t burn. Reminder to get my ideas & methods (plus a video) here!
Make them forward + hold the pancakes heat
Be at liberty to make these almond flour pancakes forward of time and hold them heat within the oven! Merely place your oven at 200 levels F, add your pancakes to a baking sheet or oven-safe plate, and place them within the oven till you’re able to serve.
Methods to freeze pancakes
If you wish to make these low carb almond flour pancakes forward of time and serve them at a later date, you’ll be able to place the pancakes on a baking sheet so that they aren’t touching and place within the freezer for 30 minutes (that is known as a flash freeze), then place them in freezer protected containers and freeze for as much as Three months. As soon as able to reheat, merely add pancakes to a plate and microwave for 30-60 seconds or till heat.
Extra recipes utilizing almond flour
I hope you get an opportunity to check out these stunning and straightforward to make almond flour pancakes. In case you do make them, you should definitely depart a remark and fee the recipe beneath. Get pleasure from, xo!
5-Ingredient Almond Flour Pancakes
Fluffy almond flour pancakes made with simply 5 core substances: almond flour, coconut or almond milk, eggs, oil and vanilla extract. These keto almond flour pancakes are additionally gluten free & low carb and make the proper, straightforward breakfast. Choices so as to add blueberries or chocolate chips!
- Moist Substances
eggs, at room temperature
coconut milk or almond milk (any milk will work)
olive oil, melted coconut oil, or melted butter
pure maple syrup or coconut sugar, non-compulsory
almond extract (non-compulsory, however really helpful for yummy taste!)
- Dry Substances
packed high-quality blanched almond flour (don’t use almond meal)
baking soda (or sub 1 teaspoon baking powder)
- Butter, olive oil or coconut oil, for greasing the pan
- Non-obligatory add-ins:
- blueberries, recent or frozen
- mini dairy free chocolate chips
In massive bowl, whisk collectively the eggs, milk, oil, pure maple syrup, vanilla and almond extract collectively till easy and effectively mixed. Subsequent, add in almond flour, baking soda and a pinch of salt; stir with spoon till effectively mixed.
Calmly coat a big nonstick skillet with butter, olive oil or coconut oil and place over medium warmth. As soon as oil or butter is sizzling, drop about 1/Four cup of batter onto the skillet. It is essential to cook dinner till bubbles seem on high and the perimeters are effectively cooked.
Flip truffles and cook dinner till golden brown on underside, 2 minutes. In case you discover that the pancakes are browning too shortly then you might want to decrease your skillet warmth a bit. I usually begin on medium or medium low, then lower to decrease warmth later in order that my pancakes do not burn.
Wipe skillet clear and repeat with extra butter/oil and remaining batter. Makes Three servings, 2 pancakes every (6 pancakes whole).
To freeze: place the pancakes on a baking sheet so that they aren’t touching and place within the freezer for 30 minutes (that is known as a flash freeze), then place them in freezer protected containers and freeze for as much as Three months. As soon as able to reheat, merely add pancakes to a plate and microwave for 30-60 seconds or till heat.
Servings: Three servings (2 pancakes every)
Serving dimension: 2 pancakes
Saturated fats: 2.9g