Nicely, good day beautiful! It’s already been one scorching summer time right here in Chicago and I’ve been dreaming about all my healthy smoothie recipes to sip on. In actual fact, my every day summer time breakfast of alternative is usually a smoothie or shake as a result of it’s refreshing, there’s no cooking concerned, and I could make them as wholesome as I’d like.
These days, I’ve been obsessive about recreating smoothies that style like cookies. As a result of why the hell not. Bear in mind my tahini snickerdoodle smoothie? Everybody agrees that it completely tastes like a snickerdoodle cookie. And now, I’m right here to introduce my newest and best creation: peanut butter oatmeal cookie shake…or smoothie. Name it what you need, however I favored the sound of shake higher.
Peanut butter oatmeal cookie shake elements
This simple, wholesome peanut butter cookie shake is made with beneath 10 elements that you just may have already got in your fridge and pantry. Plus, it’s naturally sweetened with none banana! You’ll want:
- Medjool dates: I like utilizing dates as a pure sweetener in smoothies, shakes and desserts. You’ll solely want three and so they pack in an amazing fiber increase! Be happy to solely do 2 in the event you favor it much less candy.
- Almond milk: be happy to make use of any milk you’d like. I favor an unsweetened vanilla almond milk, however coconut, cashew or oat milk would even be tremendous yummy.
- Frozen cauliflower: sure, this oatmeal cookie shake recipe has cauliflower in it! You’ll get a pleasant increase of veggies however received’t be capable to style the cauliflower in any respect. PROMISE!
- Oats: for that scrumptious oatmeal cookie taste. I like to recommend utilizing rolled oats or fast oats and be happy to make use of gluten free. Don’t use metal minimize oats, they won’t mix correctly.
- Peanut butter: you’ll love the creamy peanut butter blended with all of those elements. You can too use another nut butter you’d like.
- Vanilla extract: for a little bit further flavor increase.
- Cinnamon: the trace of cinnamon actually brings out the oatmeal cookie taste.
- Salt: a pinch of salt makes this style AMAZING.
The result’s a creamy shake that tastes similar to a peanut butter oatmeal cookie, with a pinch of sea salt on high. DAMN GOOD INDEED.
Non-obligatory peanut butter cookie shake diet boosters
- Flaxseed meal: that is considered one of my favourite elements so as to add to shakes and smoothies for a little bit increase of fiber and minerals. It’s particularly nice for nursing mamas as flaxseed can assist improve milk provide. Normally a tablespoon is a lot! Here’s a brand I love.
- Chia seeds: add in a tablespoon of chia seeds for a lift of wholesome fat and fiber.
- Hemp seeds: be happy to throw in these hemp seeds lurking in your cabinet for a lift of wholesome fat, omegas and minerals.
- Natural spinach: in the event you’re seeking to get extra greens in your shake or smoothie, attempt including a number of cups of spinach. It might flip the smoothie a barely off-putting colour, however you received’t be capable to style the spinach in any respect.
- Greek yogurt: add a lift of protein with a scoop of Greek yogurt (or your favourite dairy free yogurt). You could have to cut back the almond milk to three/four cup on this recipe when including yogurt.
- Protein powder or collagen peptides: one other wonderful means so as to add some protein. I like to recommend a plain or vanilla flavored protein powder on this recipe. Here is a good plant-based possibility.
- Cacao powder: this might add a scrumptious, chocolate-y taste to the peanut butter cookie smoothie together with an amazing supply of antioxidants. I like to recommend 1 tablespoon.
Suggestions for making this oatmeal cookie shake
Listed below are a number of of my favourite ideas for making this oatmeal cookie shake creamy and scrumptious:
- Utilizing frozen cauliflower because it helps maintain the smoothie chilly and thick. Generally ice doesn’t mix as effectively, so it’s finest to skip except completely essential.
- Don’t be afraid so as to add extra liquid in case your smoothie is just too thick or received’t totally mix. Excessive powered blenders are likely to mix frozen elements a lot better, so you probably have an everyday or private dimension blender, it’s possible you’ll want so as to add extra milk.
- Begin the blender on low pace, then step by step improve the pace to excessive to assist mix all elements. Finish with the blender on low pace.
- Add your favourite toppings like additional peanut butter, a sprinkle of oats, the above mix-ins or a handful of homemade granola!
soften your dates
You’ll merely soak your pitted dates in 1 cup of heat water for at the least 5 minutes. This may assist them soften up and just be sure you can simply mix them into the shake.
Meal prep this wholesome oatmeal cookie shake
Attempt making this vegan peanut butter cookie shake forward of time to take pleasure in later! I’ve three superb strategies for prepping and storing smoothies & shakes proper in your freezer. You’ll be taught the ice dice tray technique, the mason jar technique and the freezer pack technique. Get all of my ideas and tips here!
Extra smoothie recipes to attempt
I hope you like this wholesome peanut butter oatmeal cookie shake recipe! In the event you make it be sure you go away a remark and a ranking so I understand how you favored it. Take pleasure in, xo!
Salted Peanut Butter Oatmeal Cookie Shake
Deliciously creamy peanut butter oatmeal cookie shake made with no banana in simply 10 minutes! This wholesome, vegan oatmeal cookie shakeis naturally sweetened with Medjool dates and packs in sneaky veggies from cauliflower. Choices so as to add your favourite protein powder and different scrumptious mix-ins.
- For the date smoothie:
pitted Medjool dates (about ¼ cup packed pitted Medjool dates)
unsweetened almond milk (or dairy free milk of alternative), plus extra to skinny smoothie as essential
peanut butter (or 2 tablespoons peanut butter powder)
of salt (in case your PB isn’t salted)
- Non-obligatory smoothie add-ins:
scoop your favourite protein powder
First soak your pitted dates in 1 cup of very heat water for at the least 5 minutes. This may assist them soften up and excellent for mixing. Whereas the dates are soaking you may get all of your different elements out, measured and prepared.
Subsequent add all elements to a excessive powered blender: pitted dates, almond milk, cauliflower, oats, peanut butter, vanilla extract and cinnamon. Be happy so as to add any non-compulsory add-ins to your smoothie in the event you’d like. Mix till clean, including extra almond milk to skinny, if essential. Pour right into a glass and luxuriate in! Serves 1. Be happy to double the recipe to serve 2.
Meal prep this shake: I’ve three superb strategies for prepping and storing smoothies & shakes proper in your freezer. You’ll be taught the ice dice tray technique, the mason jar technique and the freezer pack technique. Get all of my ideas and tips here!
To make a chocolate peanut butter oatmeal shake: add 1 tablespoon of cacao or cocoa powder.
Be happy to make use of solely 2 dates in the event you like a much less candy smoothie or shake!
Servings: 1 serving
Serving dimension: 1 shake
Saturated fats: 1.5g
Recipe by: Monique Volz // Formidable Kitchen | Images by: Eat Love Eats