All I might take into consideration final week was peanut butter and jelly variations.
Peanut butter jelly breakfast toast with additional crunchy chia seeds. Peanut butter on a cinnamon raisin bagel (omg). Peanut butter and recent strawberries unfold on banana muffins. Peanut butter and jelly stuffed french toast.
Peanut butter and jelly endlessly and ever, amen.
It’s humorous, however PB&J doesn’t really feel like a nostalgic meals to me. My dad and mom by no means excessively packed my lunch field with it, nor did they purchase me these bizarre little pasty white crustless frozen PB&J sandwiches from Smucker’s. So I truly don’t have any actual cause or information of why the flavour has been an necessity in my life as of late; nonetheless I can’t assist however CRAVE it.
Talking of PB&J, what’s your favourite combo? I normally to go together with crunchy peanut butter and raspberry jam. The grape tends to be manner too candy for me; nonetheless I understand it’s what many grew up on and will endlessly adore. Final week I attempted apricot preserves on peanut butter toast, which was unbelievable. So many variations, too little time.
Right now I needed to share a recipe I created for all you PB&J lovers: Peanut Butter and Jelly Oatmeal. It’s baked to perfection and I’m significantly having a second with this lovely breakfast skillet as a result of it’s FULL of peanut butter taste, wholesome fat and offers over 8g protein per serving.
What you’ll have to make this peanut butter & jelly oatmeal bake
Not solely is that this PB&J baked oatmeal scrumptious, however it’s additionally SO simple to make and makes use of tremendous easy substances. Right here’s what you’ll want:
- Coconut oil: to offer the oatmeal bake the right quantity of moisture you’ll want somewhat coconut oil. Be happy to make use of melted butter or vegan butter as nicely.
- Peanut butter: gotta have that wealthy peanut butter taste! You’ll want to use a pure, drippy peanut butter and be at liberty to make use of creamy or crunchy.
- Maple syrup: we’re naturally sweetening this oatmeal bake with only a contact of pure pure maple syrup. You may also use honey.
- Egg: you’ll want one egg on this recipe to carry the oatmeal collectively. I haven’t examined with a flaxegg however let me know in case you do.
- Milk: I exploit unsweetened almond milk on this recipe however be at liberty to make use of any milk you’d like.
- Oats: the majority of this recipe is made with quaint rolled oats. Be happy to make use of gluten free!
- Baking staples: you’ll additionally want some baking powder, cinnamon & salt.
- Jam: use any jam or jelly you want! I really like utilizing a low sugar strawberry or raspberry jam.
Customise your oatmeal bake
- Combine up the nut butter. If you happen to’re not into peanut butter or are allergic, be at liberty to make use of almond butter or cashew butter.
- Add some recent fruit. I’ve additionally discovered that including half of cup diced strawberries to the recipe is exceptionally tasty. It’s additionally scrumptious with sliced/chopped bananas on high or baked proper in.
- Go nuts. This PB&J baked oatmeal would even be scrumptious with some chopped peanuts, pecans or walnuts stirred within the batter or sprinkled on high.
Can I make this peanut butter and jelly oatmeal bake vegan?
Sure! I believe a flax egg or a chia egg will work nicely on this recipe, however haven’t examined it to make sure. Let me know in case you give it a attempt.
Can I exploit metal minimize or fast oats?
I might not counsel utilizing metal minimize oats or fast oats on this recipe as the feel is not going to be the identical.
Find out how to make peanut butter and jelly baked oatmeal
- Prep your pan. Grease a big 9 inch skillet or 8×Eight inch pan with cooking spray or coconut oil and preheat your oven to 350 levels F.
- Combine the moist. In a big bowl combine collectively your whole moist substances till there aren’t any giant lumps of peanut butter.
- Stir within the moist. Fold in all the dried substances till well-combined and pour combination into your pan.
- Dollop the jelly. Drop teaspoonfuls of jam onto the oatmeal bake and gently swirl with a knife.
- Bake & serve. Bake it up till it’s barely golden brown, minimize into slices and serve!
Make it into oatmeal cups
For simple, on-the-go PB&J baked oatmeal cups: merely pour the combination right into a ready muffin tin (I like to recommend utilizing liners AND spraying with cooking spray) and bake for 20-25 minutes till the oatmeal cups are set and barely golden brown. You’ll seemingly solely get 8-10 baked oatmeal cups.
Meal prep this oatmeal bake
This peanut butter and jelly baked oatmeal can simply be prepped forward of time! I counsel making it both the morning of or the evening earlier than, then chopping into particular person servings for simple reheating all through the week.
Storing & reheating suggestions
Within the fridge
- To retailer: make sure the peanut butter and jelly oatmeal bake has fully cooled, and then cowl the pan with tinfoil earlier than transferring it to the fridge. It’ll keep good lined within the fridge for 4-5 days.
- To reheat: you’ll be able to reheat particular person slices within the microwave for 30-60 seconds.
Within the freezer
- To retailer: as soon as the baked oatmeal has fully cooled, minimize it into 6 squares/slices and wrap every sq. in plastic wrap and tinfoil. You may also freeze all the PB&J oatmeal bake for later by wrapping it nicely and putting it within the freezer.
- To reheat: whenever you’re able to eat it, place the unwrapped frozen sq. of baked oatmeal on a microwave protected dish and microwave it at 30 second intervals for 1-2 minutes. To reheat all the baked oatmeal, merely reheat it within the oven for 20-25 minutes at 350 levels F whereas it’s lined with tinfoil.
Extra oatmeal recipes you’ll love
Get all of our recipes utilizing oats here!
I hope you like this simple and scrumptious peanut butter and jelly oatmeal bake! If you happen to make it you should definitely go away a remark & a ranking so I understand how you preferred it. Get pleasure from, xo!
Peanut Butter and Jelly Oatmeal Bake
Simple to make peanut butter and jelly oatmeal bake that is naturally sweetened with a little bit of pure maple syrup and dollops of your favourite jam. This protein-packed peanut butter and jelly baked oatmeal is gluten free, dairy free and will be made into oatmeal cups! The right strategy to get pleasure from a childhood favourite for breakfast.
- 1 half of tablespoons melted and cooled coconut oil (may sub melted butter)
- half of cup pure drippy peanut butter (creamy or chunky)
- 1 tablespoon pure maple syrup or honey
- 1 egg, barely crushed
- 1 half of cups unsweetened almond milk
- 1 half of cups quaint rolled oats, gluten free if desired
- half of teaspoon baking powder
- half of teaspoon cinnamon
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 cup low sugar strawberry or raspberry jam
Preheat oven to 350 levels F. Grease a big skillet or 8×8 inch baking pan with coconut oil or generously spray with nonstick cooking spray.
In a big bowl, add in melted and cooled coconut oil, peanut butter, maple syrup, egg and almond milk. Whisk collectively till nicely mixed and no giant lumps of peanut butter stay.
Fold in oats, baking powder, cinnamon and salt. Pour into ready skillet/pan and ensure that oatmeal is evenly unfold out.
Drop jam by teaspoonful onto oatmeal bake, then very gently swirl with a knife.
Bake for 30-35 minutes till barely golden brown. Minimize into 6 servings and get pleasure from with almond milk.
Leftovers ought to be stored within the fridge for as much as every week. See publish for freezing directions.
Be happy to bake in particular person muffins tins for a straightforward moveable breakfast. Use muffin liners.
To make vegan: Use a flax or chia egg as an alternative of an everyday egg. Make certain to make use of maple syrup as an alternative of honey.
Servings: 6 servings
Serving dimension: 1 serving
Saturated fats: 5.2g
Recipe by: Monique Volz // Pictures by: Sarah Fennel